2. My in-laws had an antique business and set up for sales and auctions. For many years their basement was filled with a treasure trove of fascinating items. They knew the price of so many items and could often tell you the worth of something without even having to look it up in one of the antique guides. They were also interested in fixing pieces that had been damaged, not so much for a better price but as a way to restore something from the past.
3. Our son loves antique games and collects them. He also enjoys antique books. His favorite things are the tiddly winks games he has collected from all over the world. The price isnt as important as finding one that he doesnt have or is very unique.
4. Some antique lovers like the chase. They enjoy combing stores and antique shops all over the U.S. for a specific or unusual item.
5. There are others who antique as a hobby and seldom buy. They just enjoy looking and seeing what different areas of the country have to offer. It is fun to spend a weekend looking at antique stores when on vacation or traveling.
6. Sometimes people look for antiques when furnishing their home. Antiques work well with many different time periods and often people know exactly what they want to finish a certain room or look. Antiques can add a special touch to a room that newer furnishings will not.
6. Then, of course, there are those who deal in the buying and selling of antiques. These are the hard core people who know the price range of the antiques and wont buy too high or sell too low. They are usually more interested in prices than in the piece itself.
Antiques serve many purposes and provide enjoyment for people of all ages.